The UK GREAT Scholarship 2024-25, jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council, this scholarship offers at least £10,000 towards tuition fees for international students from 15 countries to pursue a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses in the UK.
The UK GREAT Scholarship 2024-25 is a prestigious opportunity for outstanding international students from developing countries to pursue a master’s degree in the UK with financial support. Eligible applicants who can demonstrate academic merit and potential impact are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
|Eligibility||Nationals/residents of 15 countries with 2:1 degree and UK master’s offer|
|Amount||£10,000 tuition fee support|
|Applications||Online form, statement, references, unconditional offer letter|
|Number of Awards||210 scholarships across 71 universities|
|Coverage||£10,000 towards tuition fees|
|Duration||1 year taught master’s programme|
|Selection||Academic excellence, motivation, potential impact|
|Deadline||Each institute has set its own deadline|
Participating UK higher education institutions include Bangor University, University of Bristol, University of Oxford, and others. or more details on the application process and eligible universities, students can visit the British Council’s dedicated page for their specific country, Below we will provide official link page of UK GREAT Scholarship.
UK GREAT Scholarship 2024-25 by British Council & UK Government
The UK GREAT Scholarship 2024 is a £10,000 support towards tuition fees for the duration of one year of taught postgraduate courses. The application for the UK GREAT Scholarship 2024–25 is now open. The GREAT Scholarship is open to students from 15 countries.
The scholarship is jointly funded by the UK Government, GREAT Britain Campaign, and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutes.
In the 2024-25 academic year, 210 scholarships will be offered by 71 universities across England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
To be eligible for the UK GREAT Scholarship 2024-25, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a national and resident of one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, Turkey or Vietnam
- Have an undergraduate degree with a minimum equivalent of a 2:1 from a recognised university
- Have an offer to start a taught master’s degree course at a UK university in September 2024 or January 2025
- Be able to demonstrate your potential to contribute to national development and commitment to public good in their home country
- Not have studied or worked at a UK university for more than 12 months previously
Eligible Countries List
The UK GREAT Scholarship 2024 in the UK is open to students from 15 countries. Those are:
The UK GREAT Scholarship 2024-25 will provide awardees with £10,000 as a contribution towards tuition fees for a 1-year taught postgraduate programme at a UK university.
To apply for the UK GREAT Scholarship 2024-25, eligible applicants must:
- Apply for a master’s degree at a participating UK university before applying for the scholarship
- Complete the online application form including a personal statement and two references
- Submit a copy of an unconditional offer letter from the university by the scholarship deadline
The application form and details are available on the official British Council website. Applicants can only apply to one university through this scholarship. The application deadline is 16 June 2023.
Number of Scholarships
For the 2024-25 intake, there are 210 UK GREAT Scholarships available across 71 universities in the UK. The British Council allocates the number of scholarships per university based on the university’s rating and the quality of applications they receive.
The UK GREAT Scholarship will cover £10,000 towards the tuition fees of the 1-year master’s degree programme. It does not cover any additional costs related to the degree.
The UK GREAT Scholarship 2024-25 is a one-time award that provides funding for one year of study only. It will cover the first year of a 1-year master’s degree starting in September 2024 or January 2025.
Applications for the UK GREAT Scholarship are assessed based on the following selection criteria:
- Academic excellence based on undergraduate results and grades
- Quality of personal statement demonstrating motivation and commitment
- Strength of two references in support of the applicant
- Potential impact the applicant can make in their home country after completing studies
- Good fit between the applicant’s skills, experience and chosen master’s degree programme
The application deadlines vary according to university admission deadlines. Recipients will also have the opportunity to engage with the UK through personal and academic fulfillment and attend networking events.